September 29, 2010

Anfangen ist leicht, beharren eine Kunst

"To begin is easy, to persist is art"

The list is finalized! It's not in any particular order (as I finish the book, it'll appear with a line through it in the side bar). I'll be starting with 100 Demons and ending with On the Road. The books in the middle are in no particular order, but I'm going to aim for roughly one book a week, and if I get through more than one a week at times, even better. I'd rather finish up early and add to the list than have to crunch at the end. It's an exercise in time management.

Saying I'm going to tackle this project is easy; blogging about the books I want to read is simple. Following through? Not so much. But I've set out to do this, and I'm going to do it. Even if it kills me. Although, I don't think anyone has ever died from reading too much. It might be a first. Maybe I should get a Life Alert...

I also really want to go to Budapest to visit Danny and Brooke. Maybe I should just do it, throw caution to the wind, spend the money. How often do I have more than one person in a European country that would be willing to put me up? And think about how many books I could read traveling that far???

With that, it's time to grade papers and get some sleep. Goodnight, world!

3 comments:

  1. Go to Budapest!!! Not even a question lovely. When an opportunity like that presents itself, snatch it up and run with it. Live. I hope you enjoy this project. Its not just about reading the right books in a certain amount of time. Its about drinking in the worlds within the pages like a good wine. To be savored. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RedNeckUnk says: General response (bcs I don't want to backtrack):Vonnegut doesn't make top 10? German-Free-thinker...please! J/K. And, no "Confederacy of Dunces" for us Southerners?!?

    Response to your immediate post - Get yourself to B'pest...unless ur car is broken or you have a job to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to Buda. and take me with you.

    mama kae

    ReplyDelete