November 20, 2010

"It was the second thing that slipped right out from under me today. The first was my childhood."

Anyone watch Modern Family? If not, please get on that immediately.

I just read and finished Winnie the Pooh.  Precious.   I don't know how I got this far in life without actually reading the original, but it was very sweet.  The characters are different than they are in the modernized cartoon versions, and I think I like the original characters better.  I also really like how A. A. Milne is telling the story to Christopher Robin, and although as an adult reader, it is clear that the narrator sees C. R. as a child, C. R. has some really great lines.  At one point he tells Pooh "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."


Heartwarming <3

Anywho, I leave in less than 48 hours for Budapest.  I'm freaking out.  Mostly because of the traveling, which always makes me nervous, but also because Danny has been iffy about skyping recently, so our plans are still very much up in the air.  I like to have a plan.  I'm not a decisive person and I don't like making decisions, but damn it!!  We need to figure things out!  I'm only in Europe for 5 days, and if we're going to Romania, we need to figure out where and when!  UGH it's frustrating.

That being said, I'm just about to put on some hulu stuff that's backed up (Always Sunny and I might re-watch Glee just for the Cee Lo cover...) and add some books to my kindle for the trip.  Currently I have Dorian Gray, and I just bought The Handmaid's Tale, Grendel, and Waiting for Godot.  The one great thing about the kindle is that if I can get wireless, I can purchase a book if I need another!

Happy travels to me :)

Never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave.
Man, I love Winnie the Pooh...

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading The Picture of Dorian Gray! (or maybe I just love Oscar Wilde...haha)

    And The Handmaid's Tale is pretty legit :)

    ReplyDelete