November 13, 2010

10 days left

That's right.  In 10 days I will be in Budapest, reunited with my Brooklyn for just under a week.  I'm not looking forward to the traveling, other than a chance to 1) read a lot. 2) plan lessons (don't judge me, I'm a huge nerd about my job). 3) have a 5 hour layover in Amsterdam.  Interpret freely.  I'm really starting to stress about the trip; how much to pack, should I check luggage to avoid the no liquids issues -- I have a lot of crazy hair that needs products to survive -- how will I manage on a flight to Europe by myself for the first time, what happens once I'm there, who's picking me up, who am I spending time with, etc. etc.  I don't want to act like I'm not excited, but I wish I had more positivity in regard to the trip.  I know all of my friends who spent a semester in Buda are jealous I'm going, and I promised Dan a keychain and Colin that I would go to some bar (I don't remember the name of it...) but I'm just so meh right now, it's hard to feel excited.

I've been reading The Tipping Point, and although I like Gladwell's style and his way of explaining things so I don't feel like a complete moron, I'm having trouble getting through it.  I tore through Outliers, but this one is taking much longer.  So here is the question: Do I start another book, and read two at once?  Do I have to get through an entire book before starting on another? 

I've read more than one book at once my entire life.  I read multiple books at a time growing up because I would start one, then get excited about another, so read that in the middle, or I'd borrow one and  have to finish it quickly.  In college, English majors read more than one book at a time every semester, unless you some how manage to take only one Literature course a semester.

I think I'll start another book at the same time.  The Tipping Point is non-fiction, so it's not plot driven, so I think it's a good choice for a double up experience.

Decent weekend so far.  McDaniel last night with the ladies, around the house now, trying to see if Diana wants to come over tonight, tomorrow is baking day, and Monday is the football game.  I have a lot riding on this game, so let's hope the Eagles win.

Off to the grocery store, then deciding on dinner.  I'll start book 2 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment