November 29, 2010

Home again

I'm laying in bed at my parent's house, I've been awake for 2 hours.  I passed out around 8pm last night.  Oh, jet lag.  Also, I stayed up all Saturday night in order to make sure I made my flight on Sunday morning.  Luckily for me, Danny agreed to ride to the airport with me at 4 am, and stayed until 6am when I went through security.  He's good people :)

Europe was amazing.  I got to go back to Prague, my favorite city in the world, with one of my favorite people in the world.  The train ride was about 6-7 hours each way, but well worth it.  The whole trip, Budapest and Prague, still feels like it didn't actually happen.  Very surreal.  I got to see Brooke and Darcy (and the majority of the Americans there I met on Wednesday night), and I met some of Danny's friends (Bodwin, mainly).

Anyway, I'm about halfway through The Handmaid's Tale which is a really great novel so far.  Still very interesting and intriguing.  I would have read more, but Danny is quite distracting during long periods of traveling, and on the flight home, I'll just say I was exhausted and post-Amsterdam, so I spent the flight to Newark watching movies and falling asleep.

I'm going to try and finish The Handmaid's Tale this week, then get back to Memoirs of a Geisha. As for now, I'm going to get out of bed because I don't think I'm going back to sleep... it's been 2 hours already.

1 comment:

  1. I loooove The Handmaid's Tale! It's so deliciously good! I just recently read The Blind Assassin, also by Margaret Atwood, and it was also delightful.

    ReplyDelete