October 10, 2011

Hot Hot Heat!

Am I allowed to use that as a title?  Isn't that the name of a band?  Do you think I should stop asking rhetorical questions?  I say that because as soon as I ask a question I get on Google (gotta love the internet) and look it up.  According to Wikipedia, Hot Hot Heat is an indie rock band from Canada -- you may remember their 'hit' Bandages from back in the day.  Or you might not remember it, because really, who cares about yet another indie rock band from Canada?  Anyway, I don't think they'll be offended that I stole their name for the title since they haven't really been up to much recently -- although again, Wikipedia tells me that they like to experiment with 5/4 time.  LOVE IT.

Okay let me refocus.  Remember when I had to get an eBook for my grad class?  I almost had to go down that road again.  My mom got in touch with one of the middle school librarians last week about my next book for class, but texted me just now saying she couldn't get a hold of it and I was on my own.  Okay, no problem.  I got on the Bucks County library website to look for a copy of the book Heat by Mike Lupica.  Unfortunately my work schedule and the distance to each of the locations doesn't work.  I refuse to drive 30 minutes for a copy of the book.  So I looked on the electronic section yet again, hating myself for it, but they don't have an electronic copy.  They have an audio copy for download.

Here we go again. 

You'll recall a few months back when I foraged into the world of audio books with The Historian on my drives to and from Maryland while moving home.  I wasn't thrilled with it, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to listen to it, because the format is strange.  It can't be burned to a CD, and it may be only compatible with an iPod -- and sorry, Steve Jobs, I don't own any Mac products -- but it can play through my computer.  And I may be able to transfer it to my MP3 player (I'm an iRiver girl, personally) but if not... does that mean I'll have to sit at my computer and listen to the entire book? Thank goodness it's a Young Adult book, so it isn't very long! 

Just kidding, it's still apparently 6 hours long.  *sigh* I may just have to order the damn book at this point because 6 hours is quite a bit of time.  Regardless, I'm sure you all have something to look forward to in a later post after I try with this audio book.  It's a book about baseball, which I'm sure will make me happy at least.

Just kidding.  This baseball season stinks.  Oh well.  Heat, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment