March 9, 2011

Oops...

Last Post: December 4th.  How long ago was that? Oh, yeah, 3 months ago.  And I haven't been keeping up with my reading.  Why oh why did I let it go this long?  Life got in the way.

Part of my reasoning for starting this blog was to force myself to start and finish a project.  Now, I'm not one to start things and leave them to rust often, but I am guilty of setting myself up for something big and then just letting it fall by the wayside for a short while.  I'm not going to let that happen with this project.  I had my reasons for starting, and I'm going to see them through.

Tonight before bed (yeah, it's already 9 and I have more school stuff to do.. oops) I'm going to read more of The Tipping Point.  I'm almost finished with it.  I hate to say, it's been a really difficult read.  I don't find it nearly as engaging as Outliers, but The Tipping Point is more business oriented, where I saw Outliers as something I could really use in my job and my life.  I'm not trying to start a trend or market anything, I'm just trying to live my life and teach some kiddies.

I'm also almost finished with The Handmaid's Tale.  PLUS a student of mine lent me one of his books, so I'm thinking I either need to add a 53rd book (oh, yeah, great plan ms. can't-keep-up-with-anything) or replace one of the books on the list with his book.

So here is my new goal: I will update my blog at the very least once a week.  And I will start reading more often, and go to the gym.  Going to the gym isn't just my random plug for physical activity (I'm getting fat again!) but I also bring my Kindle to the gym and I read on the bike.  I can't read when I run, that's strictly music time, but on the bike I love to use my Kindle.  Apparently electronic books are good for something!

Point is, I'm back, bitches.  Did you miss me?

No comments:

Post a Comment