December 2, 2010

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I was going to get in bed and read before going to sleep, but we do in fact get the Eagles game, so I'm going to watch football until I pass out instead.  Priorities, people.

My professor emailed me back this afternoon about my memoir draft, and she had this to say:  
I will send you specific feedback in the next few days, but for now I want to register these impressions: This work is at turns funny and heartbreaking, and it is always brave, both personally and artistically. It represents a substantial achievement, and I hope you recognize it as such. I'm honored to have been part of the process.

I'm sharing it with you, wonderful blog readers, because I don't have my one person to tell these things to anymore.  I'm okay with that.  I have my outlet here, and although today was rough, I'm still truckin'.  In other news, I have done many adult things in the past 24 hours, life decision-wise.  And I'm feeling pretty good about all of it.  Life goes on, and I'm going to be there for the ride.  I'm pretty proud of myself, at the moment.

And remember, ladies and gentlemen, you are never alone when you have literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment